Thursday, July 27, 2006

Third Trimester...time is ticking...and we have a name!

It's hard to believe I'm in my third trimester already. I can remember very vividly the morning I woke up and tiptoed into the bathroom to 'pee on the stick', as I so delicately referred to taking the pregnancy test.
I've come full circle back to some of my favorite first-trimester hobbies, such as napping on the couch every day after work and heading to the bathroom every 2 hours. Unfortunately, the napping and peeing are cramping my time available to get all of the stuff done that I want to in the house before the baby comes.
That list includes:
  1. Culling through all of the stuff in the guest room closet so we can actually fit baby stuff in there.
  2. Selling the roll-top desk to make room for my computer desk to move out into the front room area.
  3. Organizing/getting rid of the ridiculous amount of paper I have filed/piled in various locations around the house.
  4. Hanging up the window shades that I had to go out and buy last night for the baby's room and our room.
We made a lot of progress tonight on the paper and closet issues, but there is still so far to go. I have gotten rid of nearly all of my materials from my last two and a half years of college, and only kept about 5 papers that I still feel proud of.

So, about the last part of the post title. We have selected a name for our son. Most of our friends here in Tallahassee know it, and love it! Most of our family members think we've really lost it this time. It's not a 'normal' name, we know that. We also know the strength of my mother's reaction, and that we're not telling any family members the name of Baby #2 when he or she is coming.
Anyway, without further ado, unless we come up with something we like better (highly unlikely)...
We're naming our son



Fox Carson Rutherford.

The end.

2 comments:

Pat Rutherford said...

It's your baby and your choice of names. My only suggestion is to reverse the order to Carson Fox Rutherford. That has a distinguished ring to it and if he hates Fox when he gets older, he can go by Carson F. Rutherford - sounds like an attorney or doctor to me. It sounds very important. Of course, as a baby, he'll probably be called Foxy anyway. Just pray that doesn't stick unless "he" turns out to be a "she". Ultrasounds have been known to be wrong. You know we said we wouldn't call Hope, Hopey, but everybody does. Personally, I don't care as long as he is healthy and his Mama is okay. What's he gonna call me? Will I still be Nonna? I'm getting excited. It won't be too much longer. Just take care of yourself and if you need to take a nap, take it. I love you all! Mom

Spencer said...

I love it.

F...O....X

Spencer's hoping he'll be game to reopen all the weird old FBI files...