Today's guest post was a soup recipe swap, so I'm posting my dear friend Robyn's Minnesota Wild Rice Soup.
(It's a REAL Minnesota recipe - she's a native!)
Anyway, this is a delicious soup that I love - I hope y'all enjoy it!
Minnesota Wild Rice Soup (serves 3-4; I usually triple or quadruple the recipe!)
2 T butter
1 T minced onion
2 C chicken broth
2 C cooked wild rice
(can use Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice)
Cooked chicken to taste
½ t. salt
1 C half and half
3 T grated carrots
3 T slivered almonds
1/3 C minced ham
- Cook wild rice according to package instructions – set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan, sauté onion until tender.
- Blend in flour; gradually add broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly
- Stir in rice and salt – simmer 5 minutes
- Blend in half and half, carrot, almonds, chicken and ham
- Heat to serving temp – garnish with parsley