Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter, and welcome Nena?

So I get a call at 6:00 this morning...it's Darcy, and she says it's time to head to the hospital to have Nena. Oh, and Madeleine has all the symptoms of an ear infection, so instead of a lovely Easter with Madeleine visiting Canopy Roads (and me being in the Easter Drama), I'll be heading to Urgent Care at 9 with a sick 2 1/2 year old. I love how God is giving me a crash course in parenting! Madeleine is holding her ear, but there hasn't been too much crying yet. She's preoccupied with Elmo on the computer and the Cat in the Hat on the DVD. This whole market for kids stuff on the internet is really fascinating. I'm impressed with Madeline's ability to follow the directions on the Sesame Street workshop site. It's set up well, and is age-appropriate. Yes, I know, that's the teacher in me.
Anyway, this is the first morning I've gotten out of bed without food before and not gotten sick. Let's hear it for the second trimester!
Well, I'm going to grab some breakfast. I hope we can get in at Urgent Care quickly. Poor Madeleine...

No comments: